Empowering Rural India,
Building a Better Nation Together.
Get involved today and
make a difference
A tale of transformation: UBA brings hope to rural
India through technology-driven development
At a glance
- Unnat Bharat Abhiyan is a flagship program of the Government of India to promote rural development and growth.
- The program aims to connect institutions of higher education with local communities to address their developmental challenges.
- Under the program, participating institutions adopt villages or clusters and work with them to identify problems and find solutions.
- The program focuses on sustainable development, technology transfer, and empowering local communities.
- The program has a target to cover 1,00,000 villages by 2022, benefiting over 10 crore people.
- The program provides a platform for students to gain practical experience and exposure to rural life and culture.
- The program is being implemented by the Ministry of Education, Government of India.
- The program has received a positive response from various stakeholders, including academic institutions, government agencies, and civil society organizations.
Volunteers taking survey in a village
One particular anecdote that stands out from this experience was when we met a family that had never seen a solar panel before. They were amazed by how the panel worked and were eager to learn more about it. We explained to them how it could help them save money and reduce their dependence on expensive and polluting sources of energy, such as kerosene and wood.
Another memorable experience was when we encountered a family that was struggling to make ends meet. They were living in a small, dilapidated house with no access to electricity or running water. We were deeply moved by their plight and resolved to do everything in our power to help them. We reached out to local NGOs and other organizations, and were eventually able to secure funding for a new home and a solar panel system that would provide them with clean and reliable power.
As our surveys came to a close, we reflected on the challenges and successes of the Unnat Bharat Abhiyan. We had encountered many obstacles along the way, but we had also witnessed firsthand the transformative power of community development and empowerment. Through our efforts, we had helped to improve the lives of countless families and contributed to the broader goal of building a more sustainable and equitable world.
The primary focus of UBA is to promote the overall development of rural communities. This includes improving their access to basic amenities such as water, sanitation, health, education, and livelihood opportunities.
We aim to create sustainable rural development models that can be replicated in other communities. This involves identifying and addressing the root causes of issues, using locally available resources and promoting environmentally friendly practices.
Unnat Bharat Abhiyan promotes the spirit of voluntary work among students and faculty of higher educational institutions to contribute to rural development. Volunteers work with the community to identify their needs and develop solutions that can be implemented with the resources available.
We encourages the adoption of appropriate technologies and best practices to improve the living conditions of rural communities. This includes developing and implementing solutions that make use of available resources and suit the needs of the community.
By raising awareness and deepening understanding of the rural realities and challenges among students, faculty, and the community, Unnat Bharat Abhiyan aims to sensitize people to the needs of rural communities. This awareness helps individuals develop solutions that are contextually relevant, contributing to the sustainable development of rural communities.